Caravan Parks Support, part of the Haven and Bourne Leisure Group, is a department where the overall aim is about being a support function to all team members on our 36 parks, and also supporting our Leadership Heads of Department.
As a team, we support to deliver a set of crystal clear values, ensuring that all team members help to create amazing experiences and memories for our owners and holiday makers.
This role involves being part of a team who provide financial \ business support to 36 Haven caravan parks. Our parks consist of a number of diverse businesses and functions ranging from rental & associated income from existing owners, retail catering, shops, bars, cleaning, site maintenance, caravan sales, self catered & touring holidays, entertainments etc. An understanding of all of these areas and how they operate, which will be learned over the first 6 months in this role, will be required to fulfil this role.
Key business contacts will be the senior Operations Accountants, park general managers, park heads of department and Operations Directors who have a responsibility for the performance of between 6 – 8 parks. In addition there will be support and insight for the central Haven departments and the Haven Finance Director.
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests.
.....All our Team Members aim to deliver this at all times, enjoying working in a busy, fast paced, fun and challenging environment.
As the Assistant Accountant you will responsible for:
• Working with a team of accountants in Hemel Hempstead to provide relevant and accurate financial information for Caravan Parks, Operational Directors and the Finance Director.
• Investigate variances in weekly and monthly accounts and make corrections where necessary.
• Assist in the preparation of park’s budget and forecasts.
• A good understanding of the operation is required. This will involve time on park.
• Building relationships and gain credibility with General Manager and key heads of departments.
• Working closely with the Finance shared service centre ensuring P+L a\cs are understood and reporting meets the requirements of the business.
• Analysis of variances with appropriate commentary.
• Identifying risks and opportunities within the business
• Benchmarking between similar departments on different parks and across the Bourne Leisure group (Butlins and Warner Holidays)
• Identifying best practice and work with key operators to assist with implementation across the business.
• Analysing proposed initiatives, track and report on results.
• Identifying poor inefficient process and make recommendations for improvements.
• Constant review of payroll and identification of best practice and rostering with a view to balancing great customer service with maximising the bottom line.
• Analysis of any proposed capital investment projects allowing informed and prioritised decisions to be made.
• Monitor Capex projects with post implementation appraisal.
• Conducting regular business reviews helping managers understand their business and gain a clear understanding of changing business priorities.
• The successful candidate for this role will have an interest in the overall operation of the business and all of the key business drivers. Someone who will have an enquiring mind who is willing to challenge the business; have an ability to interact in a positive way with financial and non-financially astute heads of departments; a good “can do attitude”; be able to work individually and in a team within an organisation with a “flat” structure in a fast moving environment.
So, if you want to give your career the break it deserves then look no further........
Attributes for the Role:
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy, even in situation with short time frames
• Is a self starter with a high level of personal motivation and enthusiasm to learn more and progress
• Is able to build strong working relationships with all team members, both at Hemel and on the parks
• Behaves with integrity and can be trusted at all times
• Learns through ‘experience’ and is questionable and inquisitive.
• Enjoys working in a high energy team
• Is positive and engaging when communicating with all team members
• Has a genuine and authentic interest in people
• Is professional, demonstrating passion and energy for the business
• Work life balance and family influence is important for success
• Has belief in the business; purpose, strategy and vision
• Is a role model for all team members and guests alike
• Lives and breathes the company values in everything they do- ‘Breath of Fresh Air’ experience wheel.
Measures of Success:
• Contribution to Park EBITDA
• Contribution to Net Promoter Score (NPS)
• Owner Maker Advocacy
• Evidence of a ‘Breath of Fresh Air’ approach to training
• Great team work
• Lives and breathes in the values at all times!
• Pass accountancy exams
• Part qualified in ACA \ ACCA \ CIMA
• At least one year’s business experience
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• With training, the ability to grasp new online systems
• Excellent communication and listening skills are essential
• Excellent organisation skills
• Accurate and attention to detail
• Ability to work successfully within a team environment in addition to working well alone
• There will be a need to work away from home (when required) #LI-GC1