Regional Activities & Leisure Support Partner
Regional Activities and Leisure Support Partner - South & West Coasts
We are looking for a Regional Activities & Leisure Support Partner to join Haven, supporting our Activity & Leisure Managers across Parks on the South and West coasts of the UK.
Part of the Central Support team reporting to the Head of Activities & Leisure along with two other Regional Activities & Leisure Support Partners, your role will be to develop the very best activities and leisure activities by embracing a ‘breath of fresh air’ culture putting our guests at the heart of everything we do when considering new product and long term strategies.
The role will focus on four key areas:
- Operational Efficiency: That our Park teams pro-actively plan their offer & associated resource to guest demand and deliver their financial budgets whilst utilising the business tools provided.
- Operational Standards: That our Park teams are consistently delivering a fantastic experience and high standards be it Activity led or through accessing the facilities/department to be measured by direct guest feedback.
Carrying out regular support visits/audits to ensure compliance and working closely with the A&L Operation Support Manager & H&S Team to ensure that facility maintenance planning remains well considered.
- One Great Team: That our Parks are a place where talent thrives; that teams are following a team member training journey, utilising a review structure and giving feedback where necessary. All Park team members are constantly coached and supported and understand with absolute clarity, the importance and expectation of their role whilst highlighting emerging internal talent.
- Our Department continues to grow: That through all of the above and by working with the A&L Operational Support Manager & Head of Activities & Leisure that growth plans are created and delivered in line with the wider business goals.
• Support visits – 4 per park per year, to ensure consistency and give feedback to both leisure manager and GM
• Provide 7 days a week support – to be split between the members of the support team.
• Development of up and coming team members and support the Next Gen Development Programme
• Working closely with other head office departments to improve Activities & Leisure – marketing, PR & Social media, Accountants, product and web team, Epos, risk assurance and guest experience teams.
• Organise training programmes to include; liaising with instructors, providing number of participants, food, accommodation, budget, budget recharges for a variety of activity programs
• To work alongside the Health & safety manager for swimming pools and the health & safety technical & training manager and the rest of the Health & safety support team to ensure we are complying / provide the necessary information to the leisure manager.
• To share best practice through internal practices as well as external technology/suppliers/tools for the job.
Experience and Qualifications required:
• Has a bright and breezy personality and is able to motivate and inspire teams
• Strong management and leadership skills to lead teams
• Experience of leading teams focused on providing consistent service
• Experience of managing people, safety and budgets
• Ability to be planned and organised including rota’s, training and recruitment
• ILM 3 or above
Experience and Qualifications desired:
• RLSS Trainer Assessor
• ERCA Operational Inspectors Qualification
• Lake and open water activity Qualifications
• Ropes Course Management Qualification
• Bush Craft experience
• Specialist knowledge in specific leisure area