Operations Manager - Sales & Marketing
Department & Culture:
Haven Holidays, part of the Haven and Bourne Leisure Group, is a department where the overall aim is about being an antidote for daily life for our holiday makers on our 36 parks, this is also true for Caravan Sales for our holiday home owners. As a team, we support to deliver a set of crystal clear values, ensuring that all team members help to create amazing experiences and memories for our owners and holidaymakers.
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing. As a team we have a passion for ensuring that our holidaymakers and owners have the very best experiences whilst on park, but also throughout all communication prior to visiting, during and after their holiday. The aim is to deliver an effortless experience for our holidaymakers and owners so they can relax and enjoy the lifestyle they envisaged prior to joining the owner community on park or prior to coming on holiday with us.
The sales and marketing function is looking for an Operations Manager to support the strategic developments and new initiatives and ensuring these are integrated into the normal day to day operations of the teams without disruption.
As Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
• Liaising with the Haven Leadership Team on projects in flight and estimating the impact this will have on the day to day operations of the teams in Hemel and, in some cases, Parks
• To liaise with all teams across Holidays, Owners and Caravan Sales to ensure they have all the information they require to maximise return for the business and to ensure processes are in place to accommodate any changes to systems or processes.
• To work on operational process solutions for new initiatives that can be included in the day to day operation as well as help support further strategic development to becoming better and bigger.
• To work with all departments which may impact on the new initiatives and projects, such as Haven IT, Bourne Support functions such as central IT and Finance and inter departmental areas.
• To deliver solutions to the business from an operational process to ensure the smooth running of the teams and make recommendations and implement new ways of working where required.
• Consultation with the Leadership Team in respect of better ways of working, understanding and developments.
• Impact analysis on different ways of working.
• Working closely with the Business Transformation team to ensure best practice and process adopted.
• Budget monitoring as and well required.
• As and when required, to carry out ad hoc tasks as requested.
Attributes for the Role:
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy (interested in the detail)
• Is a self starter with a high level of personal motivation and enthusiasm to learn more and progress
• Is able to build strong working relationships with all team members, both at Hemel and on the parks
• Behaves with integrity and can be trusted at all times
• Learns through ‘experience’ and is questionable and inquisitive
• Demonstrate the drive and passion to make a difference
• Be able to comprehensively communicate / promote your area of specialism both internally and externally
• Ability to manage high volumes of information quickly and accurately to see the bigger picture
• Enjoys working in a high energy team
• Is positive and engaging when communicating with all team members
• Has a genuine and authentic interest in people
• Is able to take challenges and turn them into workable solutions for the benefit of the business and team
• Is professional, demonstrating passion and energy for the business
• Work life balance and family influence is important for success
• Has belief in the business; purpose, strategy and vision
• Is a role model for all team members and guests alike
• Lives and breathes the company values in everything they do- ‘Breath of Fresh Air’ experience wheel.
Measures of Success:
• Enabling the team to deliver the targets with new and exciting projects and ways of working being incorporated efficiently and effectively.
• Contributing towards company EBIT
• Great team work
• Lives and breathes in the values at all times!
• Good experience of process mapping and solution delivery.
• Experience in budget management
• Team Management experience
• Experience within leisure/travel is ideal but not required
• Preferably educated to a degree level standard or equivalent
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent communication and listening skills are essential
• Full driving licence
• Prepared to travel and stay at parks when required