Assistant Finance Analyst
The Financial Analyst provides financial reporting and analysis support to the Haven Caravan Parks on site retail businesses. The business is substantial with gross turnover approaching £200m and EBITDA in excess of £50m. These businesses include own branded pubs and restaurants, franchises (eg Burger King, Starbucks, Papa Johns and Millies Cookies), bars, shops, convenience stores, amusement arcades, concessions and other sports and leisure activities.
The role provides support to the Retail Financial Controller and the retail, sports & leisure and entertainments teams (both at head office and on park) with the purpose of providing information, analysis and insight to improve the financial performance of the business.
A good understanding of the retail operation and the various systems used by the business will be required.
• Produce weekly and monthly KPI reports for the business that are relevant, easy to understand and robust; ensure the underlying data is reliable and accurate.
• Co-ordinate the budget and forecast processes for the Retail business, liaising with the wider Finance team as required; act as the ‘gate keeper’ for the Retail budget/forecast numbers, keeping track of changes.
• Provide analytical support to the Retail Finance team as required (Retail Financial Controller, Food & Beverage Business Analyst, Retail Business Analyst).
• Provide business cases and tracking/analysis for various projects and initiatives.
• Pre and post investment analysis of any proposed Capital investment projects allowing informed and prioritised decisions to be made.
You will probably have had experience of working in a retail or similar customer facing business and will be able to demonstrate the following:
Financial and Analytical skills
You will be studying for a recognised accounting qualification with a strong grasp of the financial ‘basics’ (eg double-entry accounting, budgeting, variance analysis, management reporting). You will be comfortable with dealing with large amounts of data and be able to turn this into useful management information.
You will demonstrate an ability to analyse and question information, think through options and reach sound conclusions.
An ability to communicate financial information/analyses in a simple, ‘down to earth’ style, ensuring the key points are highlighted and clearly understood.
Leadership and Motivation
An ambitious ‘self-starter’ with a strong desire to deliver excellent reports, analysis and support to the business.
You will be able to understand how key business systems work to a level which enables you to quickly produce robust reports and analyses. Excel skills should be excellent.
Interpersonal Skills and relationship building
You will be able to work effectively with a wide range of people (eg different functions, heads office vs on park teams, Caravan Parks leadership team).
The ability to juggle many conflicting priorities.