Regional Facilities Management Support (North)
Regional Facilities Management Support (North)
Location: Home location flexible, nationally based with frequent travel required to Hemel Hempstead and any of our 37 Park Locations in the UK. North Location is North Wales clockwise round to Norfolk which encompasses 19 Haven parks.
Department & Culture:
Haven, part of the UK's largest holiday provider Bourne Leisure, is currently recruiting for a Regional Facilities Support Team Member.
We operate 37 award winning, family-focused caravan parks around the British coastline and have in excess of 34,000 caravan pitches. Our 23,500 holiday home owners and our 2.9 million holiday guests come to Haven each year to enjoy 'a breath of fresh air' experience at the seaside away from daily life and look forward to spending quality family time together.
The facilities team’s remit is to provide an effective, efficient and effortless experience for our internal customers so our guests can have a great time and create memories that last a lifetime.
Each regional facilities support person (i.e North and South) looks after 19 Facilities managers and their sub-departments of:
1. Facilities administration
2. Maintenance services
3. Grounds and gardens
4. Caravan siting
The role is to support the 4 facilities departments to deliver a branded service in line with company SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and brand standards.
As a Regional Facilities Support Team Member I am responsible for:
• Providing hands on support to the (1) facilities administration (2) maintenance services (3) grounds and gardens and (4) siting teams on park, GM’s and park HOD’s where required within your region.
• Providing a joined up and collaborative approach and project management with your partner in the role who will be covering the other regions.
• Reporting to, and working alongside the Head of Facilities to develop and deploy key change projects:
• Day-to-day support to the caravan parks for facilities management
• Leading from the front with departmental culture and skills change, being a role-model for our park teams.
• Supporting and developing a clear career path and skills progression route from trade apprentice to departmental management.
• Providing technical support for engineers either through personal knowledge or linking with your network of consultants and sector experts to make sure we are giving expert advice and training.
• Working alongside the others within the ongoing IWMS (Integrated Workplace Management Software) project to develop and deploy a training skills matrix which will detail an individual engineer’s progression.
• Develop, deploy, coach and administer apprenticeships
• Using your developing knowledge of this new department and culture to improve our service year-on-year
• Supporting our siting teams to maintain a safe and efficient process. Coach existing teams on new methods and ways of working in this vital safety area, maintain contractor and training provider relationships
• Working with the wider ‘Property’ team on projects such as asset management and construction
Opportunities of the role:
Working on a landmark innovative change project within Bourne Leisure. The role involves working closely with the park maintenance services teams, the associated admin teams, consultants, external training providers, trade bodies and representatives.
Developing your project coordination skills, implement your ideas, learn new skills, and grow your career while becoming a subject matter expert.
So, if you want to give your career the break it deserves then look no further.........
We welcome applications from anyone that feels they can display the attributes above and are passionate to get involved with a new project that will revolutionise the facilities management function of our business. We are especially keen to hear from anyone that can display experience in ‘trade skills’ as well as ‘facility management’ experience.
Attributes for the Role:
• Positive and adaptable – Positive approach and outlook and able to comfortably adapt to changing situations
• Approachable and friendly – Integrates well with Park teams and offers a friendly, warm and engaging personality
• Excellent communications skills – Both written and verbal
• Enthusiastic – High energy, enthusiasm and a real champion for the project
• Problem solver – Strong natural aptitude for problem solving. Always looks for solutions first to solving problems and challenges
• Fast learner – Must be able to quickly pick up new concepts
• Ownership – Comfortable with taking ownership and responsibility for tasks and deliverables
• Enjoys individual and team achievement – has a sense of pride with individual tasks and enjoys when the team achieves
• Self starter – A high level of personal motivation and able to work under own initiative
• Behaves with integrity
• Determined – Ability to stay resolute during unforeseen challenges and problems
• Influencer – Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
• Inquisitive – Learns through experience and likes to question and understand
• Enjoys working in a high energy team
• Is positive and engaging when communicating with all team members
• Has great team motivational skills
• Lives and breathes the company values in everything they do - ‘Breath of Fresh Air’ experience wheel.
#LI - JS1