Head of Property Services - Haven
Head of Property Services
About the role:
The Head of Property Services will lead the property function in Haven, to include maintenance, sustainability and environment. It will also play a key role in the coordination and implementation of major and minor capital investment projects.
Our vision is to deliver the Haven capital investment program on time, on spec and to budget.
Supporting our Parks with a facilities management function focused upon Park wide cleaning services and planned preventative maintenance, enhancing and protecting our environment, with best in class reactive maintenance.
Together we will protect our brand, infrastructure, assets, team and customers.
With My Business
• To lead the development and execution of the Haven property maintenance plan
• Support Regional Property Managers in the delivery of planned preventative and reactive maintenance – maintaining Park buildings and equipment to a high level
• To ensure that all equipment is captured on an asset register
• To maintain core Park infrastructure – drainage, electrical, water and gas supply
• Develop supplier partner relationships through a robust tender process and ensure that at any point Haven has an optimum SLA in operation
• To coordinate minor capital and major repairs and work with Operations Directors to ensure that investment is smart and economical
• To work alongside the Operations Director for property, maintenance and FM and the central development team to develop and execute the annual major capital investment plan
• Responsible for the leading Haven’s sustainability strategy
• Drive a culture of operational excellence within the department, constantly seeking out faster, better and lower cost ways of working through value engineering principles
• Support the review of development capital through a robust post completion review process
• Promote innovation in Haven through strong industry networking, challenging Haven to constantly strive to be better.
• Ensure compliance implementation and maximise the benefit of all core systems, e.g. IWMS
• Actively managing and reducing safety and risk related to maintenance operations of the business
• Ensures that the central property maintenance budget is delivered
With Our Guests
• Actively seeks out and listens to guest and Owner feedback to identify and rectify trends of dissatisfaction
• Highlights issues that are not in line with the brand proposition and actively seeks to resolve for the operation through providing technical advice and support
• Strives to be better by visiting our Parks and conducting listening groups with the team to understand where improvements can be made
• Works with the development team to ensure the delivery of right first time projects
• Prioritises projects that would otherwise adversely affect the enjoyment of our guests and Owners
With my Team
• Promotes a culture of safety first to protect our team, guests and Owners
• To collaborate as a team and share best practice with other Bourne brand property and FM leaders
• Development and succession planning of the property maintenance team
• Develop ‘in house’ skills within the team to avoid the reliance upon contractors
• Ensures the robust training and development of the Haven FM team in leadership, maintenance and engineering
• Sets clear goals and coaches great performance
• Motivates the team to be the best versions of themselves and a ‘breath of fresh air’
The ideal candidate:
• Highly motivated strong leader that can work at a strategic level, but happy to also get into the detail and directly support our Park teams
• A strong project management background, with good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise.
• Should be RICS qualified and possess strong commercial and operational experience
• Good awareness of health and safety legislation within the property, maintenance and construction sector
• A good technical understanding of the property, maintenance and construction industry
• The ability to influence and negotiate, particularly with partners and suppliers
• A personally organised, detail conscious individual who can work independently or collaboratively in virtual teams to deliver outputs
• Superior communication skills, able to understand the end user requirements and adapts communication style and method to optimise impact and efficiency
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Not satisfied with the status quo, committed to continuous improvement and developing ever more effective ways of working
• Up to date with IT systems in the workplace and an understanding of emerging technologies
• A problem solver who is a supporter of change and can adapt in that environment and react quickly to meet challenges
• Possesses the ability to work at pace on multiple projects and deliver to a deadline
The benefits of working with us:
• Competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
• 20% team member discount across Haven holidays, Warner Leisure Hotels and Butlin's for you, your family and friends
• 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service
• Government pension scheme and optional salary sacrifice scheme
• Reward and recognition schemes including long service
• Our online discount scheme (MyBourneHub) with loads of great deals
• Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure
Bourne Leisure is one of the largest providers of holidays and holiday home ownership in the UK. Our brands Haven, Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels are amongst the most recognised within the UK holiday market. Bourne Leisure has more than 6,000 team members that work across their three brands, which rises to nearly 14,000 during peak periods.
Haven is now the largest privately-owned holiday operator in the UK, with 38 Parks around the British Coastline. Our 23,500 holiday home owners and our 2.5 million holiday guests come to Haven each year to enjoy ‘a breath of fresh air’ experience at the seaside away from daily life and look forward to spending quality family time together.
We are also proud that we were voted 6th in the Sunday times Top 30 "Best Big Company to Work For".
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests. Our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime. In return, we can offer you career opportunities of a lifetime.